Lo mein noodles recipe can be eaten with chopstick or a fork, once you finished all ingredients, toss then with boiled noodles, subgum here refer to vegetable and meat combination, learn more this version from how to make subgum lo mein.
- 3 oz. lo mein (soft egg noodle)
- 4 oz. ground fatty pork
- 3 oz. cucumber
- 3 oz. asparagus lettuce
- 2 oz. fresh green peas
- 2 oz. coriander
- 3 tbsp yellow soybean paste
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp green onion
- 1/2 tbsp ginger
- Peel and cut lettuce into thin strips, blanch in boiling water briefly for zha jiang mian recipe.
- Rinse cucumber and slice diagonally into thin strips as well to match other ingredients.
- Clean and drain coriander, cut into tiny pieces, this ingredient was used to garnish the dish.
- In the same pot, bring the water into a boil again, add the peas and cook until floated up.
- Peel ginger and rinse green onion (white part) completely, and then mince into tiny pieces.
- Measure out the yellow soybean paste we will need, the sweet bean sauce is a handy substitute.
- Add oil into unheated wok, combine the meat, stir constantly until sticky, and turn heat on.
- Heat the wok to medium hot over low heat, keep on stir until moisture dry and become oily.
- Add green onion and ginger, stir for 9-10 minutes until fragrant, and add sauce ingredients.
- Simmer for another 3-5 minutes until the sauce is almost thicken.
- Turn off heat and transfer into a plate, zha jiang sauce is ready.
- Serve zha jiang mian recipe hot with all ingredients tossed together.