West Lake beef soup recipe is one of the famous soups in Chinese cuisine, because of its savory flavor and good taste, it is normally served before meal as an appetizer soups, activate people’s stomach.
- 2/3 cup lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 – 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp fresh green peas, optional
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with,
- 2 tbsp water
- Ground the beef, mix around with the marinade ingredients, add cornstarch at last, stirring with chopsticks to well mix and marinate for 15 minutes.
- While the beef is marinating, bring the chicken stock or broth to a boil. Add the green peas and cook for 2 minutes or until they are tender.
- Stir in the marinated ground beef, break up any lumps. Add the sugar and turn heat down, and simmer for a few minutes to allow the beef to cook.
- Very slowly pour in the egg whites in a steady stream. Use a fork to gently stir the eggs in a clockwise direction until they form thin streams or ribbons.
- Add the extra 1 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with water and stir to the soup to thicken, taste and season soup with extra salt and pepper if desired.
- Turn heat down, remove beef soup and serve it hot as side dish with Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe.