This vegetarian chow fun is made with bean curd sheet and green bell peppers, stir fried with softened “Mei Fun” noodles in the wok, a simple and light flavor recipe for your dinner table. If you are looking for a strong and savory taste recipe, try this popular Cantonese Chow Fun.
- 3 oz. chow fun (mei fun noodles)
- 4-5 oz. bean curd sheet
- 1 oz. green pepper
- 1 tsp scallion
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp soybean paste, optional
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- Rinse pepper and scallion, slice diagonally into thin strips for vegetarian chow fun recipe.
- Rinse bean curd sheet, drain thorough and slice diagonally into tin strips as well, set aside.
- Soak mei fun noodles in hot water for 5-10 minutes until soft, remove and drained.
- Heat wok to medium at medium-high heat, stir in scallion and ginger briefly until fragrant.
- Combine together bean curd strips, pour water and simmer for 2 minutes with lid covered.
- Add pepper and mei fun, mix in soy sauce and salt, stir until pepper is tender, serve hot.