This vegetable chow fun is a fast take out food in Chinese restaurants; the ingredients are changeable, feel free to add mung bean sprouts and egg if desired or learn from Vegetarian Ho Fun Noodles recipe.
Ho fun also spelled Shahe fen, is a wide and smooth Chinese noodles made from rice, normally wok-fried with meat and vegetables and boiled in soup for lower calories, check Vegetable Ho Fun Soup recipe to learn more.
- 10 oz. fresh ho fun noodles
- 3 oz. carrot
- 2 oz. mung bean sprouts
- 2 stalk green onion
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as needed
- Slice carrot into 1 inch long strips, cut green onion into 1 1/2 inch long pieces for vegetable ho fun recipe.
- In a wok or pot, bring enough water into a boil, add noodles and cook for 1 minute, remove, drained.
- Heat a wok to medium high with oil, add carrot, cook until tender, and add bean sprouts, whisk around.
- Combine bean sprout and noodles, cook until vegetable is soft, mix in soy sauce, stir to mix everything.
- Season this vegetable ho fun recipe with salt, make a taste test before serving if desire, remove and serve.