Vegetable ho fun soup was easy cooked with carrot and egg, and then boiled together with broth and green onions. It is a great Chinese recipe for breakfast or cook vegetable chow ho fun for your dinner time.
- 10 oz. fresh ho fun noodles
- 1 egg
- 1 oz. carrot
- 2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt for taste
- I use Chinese thick soup paste instead of chicken broth for this vegetable ho fun soup recipe.
- Measure out the noodles, boil in hot water for about 1 minute, remove and drain thoroughly.
- In a wok or frying pan, heat it to medium at low heat it 1 tsp oil, add egg and fry until cooked.
- Wipe out the wok, add 3 cups water and add thick soup paste, boil until dissolved.
- Add the noodles, and add carrot, heat it back at high heat and until vegetable is tender.
- Season this vegetable ho fun soup recipe with salt, garnish with green onions and serve.
Thick soup paste in Chinese is called “Nong Tangbao” it boils and dissolves in hot water to form the flavor soup base. Feel free to use chicken broth instead of it.