This is an authentic Chinese recipe, the combination of cabbage and tofu makes it is rich in vegetable protein and Vitamin, simple and great side dish for your table..
- 1 lb. Chinese cabbage
- 7oz. firm tofu
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp scallions, white part only
- 1/2 cup stock (chicken, vegetarian are ok)
- The main ingredients you will need to make this stir fry Chinese cabbage with tofu recipe.
- Remove the tough outer stems from the cabbage and cut off the core. Slice into long pieces.
- Rinse the cabbage and pat dry before use.
- Preheat wok to medium high at medium heat, add cooking oil until 80 percent hot, and stir in scallions briefly until aromatic.
- Combine together the Napa cabbages. Stir-fry for about 1 minute until the green leaves shrivel slightly.
- Pour the stock in a steady stream into the wok.
- Heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the cabbages are softened.
- Mix in sliced firm tofu cubes and salt, continue heat at medium heat for 3 minutes until completely combined.
- Sprinkle pepper powder for taste if desired.
- Transfer and serve hot as side dish or main soup for the dinner.