This ten minutes tofu and bok choy recipe is quite perfect for busy weeknights, as you might have all the ingredients on hand. Stir fry quickly on high heat so that the vegetable is crispy tender and garlic doesn’t burn.
- 5oz. bok choy
- 1 1/2 oz. firm tofu
- 1-2 tbsp peanut oil for frying
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- Cut off the cores at the bottom. Separate the stalks and leaves;
- Wash the baby bok choy under running water and drain thoroughly.
- Cut the tofu crosswise into 1 inch long cubes, Cut the bok choy stalk diagonally and cut the leaves across.
- Heat peanut oil to high heat in a preheat wok, stir in garlic for a few second or until aromatic, add bok choy.
- Stir fry until the leaves are dark green and the stalks are tender but not too soft about 1-2 minutes. Combine together tofu.
- Well tossed until tofu is heated thoroughly and completely combined with vegetable, season with salt and soy sauce.
- Transfer and serve hot with white rice or rice noodles.