This tofu in abalone sauce is one of the easiest recipes in Chinese cuisine. The abalone sauce matches very well with tofu, brings it a golden color and flavorful taste.
If you have a strong taste for Chinese food, this Chinese Tofu with Chili Bean Sauce would be recommended.
- 7 oz firm tofu
- 1 tbsp abalone sauce
- 1-2 tbsp peanut/canola oil
- 1 tsp Chinese rice wine/dry sherry
- Dash of salt for taste
- Measure out the sauce and tofu we will need to make this tofu in abalone sauce recipe.
- Heat a wok to hot at medium-low heat with oil, add tofu pieces and lay flat for a while.
- Shake the wok; so that they won’t stick to the wok, fry until both sides is golden brown.
- Splash it with Chinese rice wine. Turn heat to medium-low and stir in abalone sauce.
- Whisk until tofu in abalone sauce is well coated, season with salt if desired, serve hot.