Szechuan lamb with bok choy is a hot stir fry recipe for a really Chinese food fan; it is very simple and makes a great take-out for busy workdays.
If you have enough time in kitchen, PF Changs Chengdu Spiced Lamb recipe been top recommend you try as well.
- 12 oe lamb tenderloin
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes,crushed.
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 scallions,slightly chopped
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/3 c chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 5 ounces bok choy
- Slice the lamb across the grain into strips 1/2 inch thick.
- Mix marinade in a zip plastic bag or in a bowl (2 garlics and 1/4 pepper flakes only)
- Add lamb ,whisk well and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Clean bok choy with cold water.
- Remove lamb from marinade mixture. Heat wok hot with 1 teaspoon peanut oil.
- Add the lamb and stir-fry until the pink color is gone, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer lamb to a plate and set aside.
- Reheat wok with the remaining 2 tsp oil over medium heat. Then stir in pepper flakes, ginger, and remaining garlic.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant about 1 minute, stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add bok choy and mix well with other ingredients.bring to boil with 1 tablespoon water.
- Mix chicken broth with conrnstarch in a small bowl.
- Add conrstarch mixture to wok, along with the lamb and any juices.
- Stirring constantly and cook until the lamb and bok choy is heated through and the juices are thickened, about 1 minute.
- Garnish this hot Szechuan lamb with bok choy recipe with green onions/scallion, serve hot.