This Szechuan chow mein is great for a really fan of Chinese spicy food. Homemade Chow Mein Noodles is a similar recipe but with meat, that make it more flavorful. For a vegetarian, this Cantonese Chow Mein would be top recommended for you to try, it calls for easy ingredients but create a savory taste with soy sauce and black bean sauce.
- 5 oz. lo mein (soft egg noodle)
- 3 oz. long green beans
- 1 big tomato
- 1 red chili
- 1 tbsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp broad bean sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Szechuan peppercorn oil, optional
- Peanut/canola oil for stir-frying
- 1/2 cup hot water/vegetarian stock
- Rinse vegetables, and slice diagonally into small piece for this Szechuan chow mein recipe.
- Parboil noodles with boiling water for 2 minutes until tender, remove and mix with sesame oil.
- Heat wok hot at high heat, add green bean, fry until tender, and add tomato and hot water.
- Simmer until beans are soft, mix in sauce ingredients and combine noodles and red chili.
- Turn heat to low and whisk until everything is well blended, serve Szechuan chow mein hot.