Sweet and sour pineapple chicken recipe is prepared with marinated meat pieces, stir fried in the wok with carrot and pepper, flavored with pineapple, sweet and sour sauce.
It creates a smooth and succulent Chinese food that goes very well with steamed white rice. If prefer a spicy taste, Chinese Spicy Pineapple Chicken recipe was recommend you try.
- 1 chicken breast, boneless
- 1 pineapple/4 oz. canned
- 1/2-1 green bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg whilte
- 1 tbsp cooking wine/dry sherry
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Dash of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1-2 tbsp canola or peanut oil
- Slice chicken into 1/2 inch dices, mix with marinade ingredient and marinate for 30 minute for the sweet and sour pineapple chicken recipe.
- Cut pineapple into half and spoon out the meat. Cut pepper and carrot into 1/2 inch long dices. Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl, stir well.
- Heat a wok to medium high at medium heat, add oil, when oil is hot, add meat pieces, whisk constantly for a while until color changed.
- Combine together the carrot and green bell pepper dices, stir fry quickly for about 3-5 minutes or until the carrot is crispy tender.
- Pour sauce ingredient into wok, turn heat to medium and simmer until the sauce it almost thicken and everything is heated through.
- Add together the fruit into the sweet and sour pineapple chicken, whisk around and make a taste test, adjust the seasonings if desired.
Stir fry this recipe at a fast speed, so you will have the vegetable crispy and tender.