Sweet and sour chicken feet, a famous snack in China and it is popular in China Town. It is boiled in hot water then soaks in cooled water and was marinated in sweet and sour sauces for 8-10 hours.
Chicken feet is originated from Guangzhou, the Cantonese use the streams of water from Baiyun Mountain to wash the feet, so different from the tap and well, resulting the recipe is much delicious, crispy and cool and popular, so it was also named Baiyun Chicken feet in mandarin.
- 14oz. chicken feet
- 3-5 slices fresh ginger root
- 2 little red chili
- 1/2 cup granulate sugar
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tbsp salt
- 1 cup hot water, cooled
- Prepare the sauces for sweet and sour chicken feet. In a pot, mix vinegar, sugar, salt and cooled water together, and then heat over high heat until boiling, remove and refrigerated.
- In a wok, bring a amount of water into a boil, combine chicken feet and ginger, then cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon, and cool under running water.
- Then add them into the freeze water and marinate for 2 hours.
- Then remove the sweet and sour chicken feet into the refrigerated sauces, and continue refrigerate for about 10 hours, then enjoy at anytime. Serve as snacks while watching football games or side dish is cool.