Red bean soup is a well-known dish in Chinese dessert recipe, the soup is normally thinner than black sesame paste, which are categorized as tang sui or sweet soups. A tasty food for all ages.
- 9oz. red beans (adzuki beans)
- 4oz. brown sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 5-6 cups water
- Rinse adzuki beans, then soak them in a ample amount of water for 4-5 hours until soften or expanded.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water into boil over high heat, add adzuki beans, heat to boil again, then low down heat to medium-high and simmer. Partially covered after the soup is bubbling. For 1 hours until the beans are broken apart.
- Remove and let it cool before adding to the blender. Blend it into red bean paste.
- Then Pour paste into a frying pan.
- Add brown sugar together and heat over low heat until sugar was dissolved.
- Stir constantly until soup is thick enough. Or thin the soup by adding boiling water if desired.
- Taste and add honey if desired or just miss this step.
- Serve red bean soup hot or refrigerated, they are great!