Crispy and tender texture Chinese broccoli combined with the soft and tasting lean beef make this easy recipe flavorful and delicious.
- 14oz. Chinese broccoli
- 3 1/2 oz. lean beef
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine/dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp granulate white sugar
- Wash Chinese broccoli-kai lan and drain thoroughly. Cut off the hard stems at the bottom, cut the stalks and leaves into roughly 2-inch pieces.
- Rinse beef and cut across the grain into chunks, marinated with wine, light soy sauce, salt and cornstarch for 15 minutes. Stir fry in skillet with 1 tbsp olive oil at high heat until brown. Remove, set aside.
- Reheat wok with remaining oil, heat to medium-high heat, add broccoli.
- Stir fry until the stalks are tender but crisp (3 – 4 minutes)
- Add beef back to wok with gai lan, stirring until well combined, season with sugar and 1/5 tsp salt if desired.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, well toss and serve the recipe hot!