Differ from the common steamed white rice, I used the glutinous rice in this recipe, as it is one of my favorite for its texture, what is more I add homemade bacon to enhance the blank flavor of the rice, and the green onions offer you the aroma flavor before you are going to taste. Easy and fast, different experience in the different New Year 2012!
- 3.5 oz. glutinous rice
- 1.8 oz. bacon,
- 2-3 green onions
- First of all, rinse the rice and then soak the glutinous rice in water for 2-3 hours in advance.
- Then don’t pour the water in the bowl, add more if needed.
- In the steamer with boiling water, add the rice and continue steam for 30 minutes over high heat.
- Remove the lid, and make sure the rice is cooked.
- Rinse the bacon for several times, and then sliced into bite size, add to the rice and continue steam for 5-8 minutes until the meat is soft and moisture.
- Sprinkle the green onions overall the steamed white rice for garnish just before serving, stirring the meat, green onion with the rice thoroughly before enjoy!