Steamed tofu with Chinese wolfberry, a great dish for summer hot days, as it includes bitter melon that is good for high blood pressure people, yet someone found the bitter taste is awful, you might like to try this Steam Tofu with Soy Sauce recipe.
- 1/2 lb. firm tofu
- 5-10 Chinese wolfberries
- 1 medium bitter melon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/5 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Cut bitter melon into 1/2 inch thick rings, remove seeds and blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes for the steam tofu recipe.
- Blanch tofu in boiling water for 2 minutes, remove and drain well. Smashed completely, mix with salt and pepper powder.
- Stuff the bitter melon with bean curd mixture, press tightly. Decorate with wolfberries on top and steam until cooked through. Serve.
Serve this steamed tofu with Chinese wolfberry recipe with recommend dipping sauce or any sweet sauce you like.