Spinach tofu soup is an easy and healthy warming dish. To turn into an extra flavor and balanced nutrition dish, try How to Make Best Tofu Soup recipe. If you are looking for a warm and authentic Chinese particular recipe to be served with steamed rice, this Sa Cha Tofu would be recommended.
- 3 oz. firm tofu
- 3 oz. fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp oil for stir frying
- 1 tbsp green onions
- 1/4 tsp chili paste, optional
- 4-5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/3 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/3 tsp Asian sesame oil
- 1/5 tsp salt, to taste
- Ground white pepper for taste
- Rinse vegetable and blanch in a wok or pot with hot water until tender for spinach tofu soup.
- Rinse tofu and slice into inch long and 1/4 inch thick pieces, chop green onions, set aside.
- Heat oil in pre-heated wok over medium-low heat, adds tofu pieces, and fry until light brown.
- Add green onions, chili paste, chicken broth, soy sauce and sugar. Bring to boil, uncovered.
- Combine sliced and blanched spinach, return to a boil, (about 2-3 minutes), stir in sesame oil.
- Season spinach tofu soup with salt and white pepper powder, make a taste before serving.
Blanch spinach in boiling water before cooking to remove the oxalic acid. Feel free to add button mushrooms or meat for an extra flavor.