Spicy Szechuan chicken stir fry recipe, a homemade Chinese food for busy weekends, if don’t like spicy flavor, just omit the chili flakes.
When you are in a rush, you could try this Spicy Saliva Chicken Recipe. It could be finished in 10 minutes if use cooked chicken meat.
- 7 oz. chicken thighs
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red chilies
- 1 oz. scallion, white part
- 2 tsp Chinese rice wine/dry sherry
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp broad bean sauce
- 1-2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Measure out the main ingredients we will need to make this spicy Szechuan chicken stir fry recipe.
- Rinse chicken thighs, pat dry and remove the bones. Mix with marinade ingredient for 1 hour.
- While the meat is marinating, rinse bell pepper, remove seeds and cut into dices with scallion and red chilies.
- Add oil into preheated wok at medium heat, add meat pieces and fry until cooked through, removed.
- Reheat the wok with 1 tbsp oil, stir in scallion, red chilies and broad bean sauce until aromatic at low heat.
- Add chicken back to wok, mix in soy sauce, vinegar and bell peppers, stir fry for 1 minute until well blended.