Spicy pig ears salad, an authentic Chinese recipe served in many Chinese restaurant as appetizer or snack. It is extremely flavorful while combined with cucumber, garlic and soy sauce seasonings. Have an easy start from the Subgum Lo Mein Salad recipe.
- 3-5 oz. pig eared, marinated
- 3 oz. cucumber
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 5 stalks coriander
- 1 tbsp black vinegar
- 1 tbsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili oil
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1/3 tsp salt
- Cut cucumber into thin strips for this Chinese-style spicy pig ears salad recipe.
- Cut the meat diagonally into thin strips to match other ingredients. Set aside.
- Mince garlic. Rinse coriander, drain thoroughly and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine cucumber, garlic and meat pieces, whisk well.
- In another bowl, mix all sauce ingredients, mix and pour it into cucumber mixture.
- Garnish this Chinese spicy pig ears salad recipe with coriander. Transfer and serve.
It is better to pound cucumber than cut it. Chili soya sauce is salt, so the extra salt is for tast only, don’t add to much.