Spicy mala pork is an authentic hot dish for Chinese food fan. “Mala” refers to two flavor, spicy and numbing, from the chili flakes and Szechuan peppercorns.
Differ from the Spicy Mala Shrimp Recipe, I like to serve this recipe as a main dish with steamed white rice while the other would make a wonderful appetizer.
- 11 oz. pork sirloin
- 3-5 Chinese dried mushrooms
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp rice wine/dry sherry
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- Measure out the main ingredients we will need to make this Spicy mala pork recipe.
- Cut meat into thin strips, mix with marinade ingredients and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Soften mushroom with hot water. Squeeze out excess water and slice into thin strips.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all sauce ingredients, stir around. Chop garlic, ginger and green onions.
- Add 1 tbsp oil into a skillet at medium low heat; add meat strips and stir fry until color change, remove and set aside.
- Reheat skillet with 2 tbsp oil at low heat, stir fry red chili and Szechuan peppercorn until aromatic, and remove out.
- Add ginger, garlic and green onion, fry briefly. Add mushroom, cook until tender.
- Return pork back to skillet. Pour sauce mixture, whisk around until well blended.
- Mix roasted peanut into spicy mala pork recipe. Toss around before serving, enjoy.