Spicy fried tofu, a tasty appetizer or snack. The tofu cubes are crispy outside, yet soft and warm inner side. Looking for a combination of meat and bean curd? See How to Make Tofu Bacon Stir Fry recipe.
- 1/2 lb. firm tofu
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp black fungus, soften
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 slices ginger
- 2 tsp rice wine/dry sherry
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolve in
- 1 tbsp water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Dry tofu with paper towel, slice into thin pieces. In a wok or frying pan, heat oil to medium at medium heat, fried tofu until both side is golden brown.
- Slice bell peppers into half, remove seeds and slice into tiny pieces. Soften black fungus in warm water for 20 minute, separated. Chop ginger and garlic.
- Heat a wok or frying pan to medium-high at high heat with oil, stir in ginger and garlic briefly until aromatic, add together the peppers and black fungus.
- Stir fry constantly about 1 minute until peppers are crispy tender, add together the fired tofu pieces into wok, mix in soy sauce and the rest ingredients.
- Bring the sauce into a boil and simmer for about 1 minute until everything is blended, thicken sauce with cornstarch and water mixture if desired.
- Season this spicy fried tofu with salt and make a taste test, adjust the seasonings if desire. Remove and serve hot with steamed rice.