This spicy egg Lo mein is an easy homemade dish. “Lo Mein” simply mean tossed noodles, contains meat and vegetables, sometimes only egg and sauces included for a simple cooking, for an added flavor, check Cantonese Lo Mein recipe to learn more.
- 3-4 oz. lo mein (soft egg noodle)
- 2 big eggs
- 1 tsp green onions
- 2 oz. green pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp yellow soybean pate
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- Peanut oil for frying
- The main ingredients we will need to make this spicy egg lo mein recipe.
- Crack eggs in a bowl, beat completely with green onions and dash of salt.
- Heat a wok to medium over low-heat; add 1 tsp oil, when oil is hot, ad egg.
- Pan-fry egg until both sides is golden brown, separate into pieces, and remove.
- Reheat wok to hot at medium heat; add yellow soybean paste and water, stir.
- Add together the green pepper; stir fry until tender, mix in salt and soy sauce.
- Add egg back to wok with other ingredients; toss them around at low heat.
- In a pot with boiling water, add noodles and cook for 2 minutes until tender.
- Serve the spicy egg with lo mein noodles, toss them around before serving.