Snow pea is also know as mange tout, stir fried chicken giving extra flavor to snow peas, and then combined with leek in soy sauce mixture. It is a great recipe to treat your guests.
- 3 1/2 oz. frozen snow peas
- 7oz. chicken thigh or breast
- 1 1/2 oz. leek
- 2 tsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1-2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- Thaw snow peas, trim the ends, rinsed. Discard bone and skin of chicken if desired, cut into large cubes, marinate with light soy sauce, cornstarch and cooking wine for 15 minutes.
- Rinse leek, drained, cut diagonally into 2 inches long pieces. Heat peanut oil in a preheat wok to medium high, stir in leek for a few seconds until dark green.
- Add the chicken cubes. Blanch in the hot oil for about 30 seconds, using a spatula or long cooking chopsticks to separate the chicken cubes.
- Combine together snow peas after chicken is half done.
- Continue cook for 30 seconds until well combined.
- Mix in chicken broth, cover and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Remove lid, test chicken with a fork, season the recipe with salt, transfer and serve hot with steamed white rice.