Singapore fried rice basically include bacon, shrimp, green peas, carrot and sauces and seasoning, this recipe might vary in different region for local taste, it is acceptable, see How to Make Bacon Fried Rice for an example.
- 7 oz. cooked r ice
- 2 1/2oz. bacon
- 1 oz. dried shrimp
- 2 1/2oz. walnut
- 1 1/2 oz. green peas
- 1 1/2 oz. carrot
- 1 1/2 oz. corn grains
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Dash of salt for taste
- Pinch of pepper powder
- 2 green onions
- Olive or peanut oil for cooking
- Soften shrimp in cold water for 15 minutes for this bacon fried rice, remove and drain.
- Soak walnuts in hot water for 10 minutes, and use toothpick to remove the skin.
- Run clean under running water, drain and set aside.
- Rinse and chop green onion into tiny pieces.
- Slice bacon across the grain into thin sections.
- Heat wok to medium heat with no oil, and bacon and stir constantly.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes until bacon is aromatic and oily, removed.
- Reheat wok and vegetables, stir around and pour water into it.
- Cover the lid and simmer for 5 minutes at medium heat.
- Remove from wok and set aside.
- Wipe out wok, reheat to medium heat, and add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- When oil is really hot, stir in walnut and stir around for 30 seconds, removed.
- Reheat wok, add shrimp, whisk around until fragrant.
- Combine together cooked rice, stirring constantly at medium heat until loosening.
- Add bacon and vegetables bacon to wok, and stir in light soy sauce, well mixed.
- Mix in walnut and green onions, stir in pepper powder if desired.
- Remove and transfer Singapore fried rice immediately.