Shrimp and mushroom congee, is a basic recipe made with long grain rice in Chinese cuisine. Add your favorite ingredients and seasoning if desired or learn more from Chicken and Vegetable Congee recipe.
- 3 oz. white rice
- 1/2 lb. medium shrimp
- 1 oz. Chinese dried mushroom, soften
- 1 tbsp corn grains
- 1 tbsp coriander/green vegetable
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as needed
- Peel shrimp, deveined. Cut mushroom and vegetable into small pieces for shrimp and mushroom congee recipe.
- Soak white rice in cold water for 30 minutes. Pour into a soup pot or an electric cooker, and add enough water.
- Bring it into a boil at high heat, turn heat to medium and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is well expanded.
- Add shrimp, mushrooms and corn, stir and cook for 8-10 minutes or until seafood is cooked.
- Turn off heat, stir in coriander or green vegetables, whisk around until veggies is tender.
- Season shrimp and mushroom congee with salt, make a taste test before serving if desired.