Mei fun is a kind of rice noodles, that was originated from south China. This recipe with shrimp could both be fried or boiled with soup.
- 1 package mei fun
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tbsp shrimp, peeled
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Heat your pot or wok with a lot of water, bring to oil, when it bubbling add mei fun, cook and separate with fork or chopsticks. Let it cook for 3mins over high heat, then drain with strainer and cool it.
- Cut scallions,carrots and bell pepper into small strips, set aside.
- Beat egg in a bowl, whisk completely.
- Heat your fring pan, add oil and pour egg. Let it cook for 1minute, then turn it over to the other side and cook for 1 more minute( make sure it is not burnt). Remove egg and cut into small pieces.
- Reheat pan, add 1tbsp oil, add shrimp, cook over high heat for about 1minute or until half cooked, then combine garlic,green pepper and carrots in to the pan, stir fry until carrot is soft.
- Add the mei fun to pan, then add all sauce ingredients ,stirring constantly for about 1 minute or until mei fun was well coated with sauce.
- Combine egg and scallions, stirring well.
- Serve hot.