Chinese shrimp chop suey is a dish in American Chinese cuisine, consisting of seafood and vegetables(Carrot, peas).
The dish is typically served with steamed rice or stir-fried noodles. But for a vegetarian this authentic Chinese Vegetable Chop Suey was recommended you to try.
- 1/2 lb. medium shrimp
- 3 oz. green peas
- 3 oz. carrot
- 3 oz. corn grains
- 2 tsp soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Peanut/olive oil for stir frying
- Measure out the vegetables we will need to make shrimp chop suey recipe, cut carrot into small pieces to match other ingredients.
- Rinse shrimp, peel and deveined. In a pot with boiling water, blanch shrimp for a while until color turns red. Remove and set aside.
- Heat a wok to medium-high heat with 1 tbsp oil, add vegetables, stir fry for 3-5 minutes until tender, combine shrimp and stir around.
- Stir in soy sauce and sugar into shrimp chop suey, keep on stirring to mix everything, season the recipe with salt and pepper, serve hot!