Shrimp almond ding is a simple and delicious stir fry Chinese food. “Ding” refers to pieces/dices. This dish is alike the Pf changs Kung Pao Shrimp, the difference is the amount of the red chilies and Szechuan peppercorns.
- 7 oz. big shrimp
- 3 1/2 oz. almonds
- 1 tbsp rice wine/dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/5 tsp salt, or as needed
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 1/3 tsp Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 scallion, white part, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 slices ginger, minced
- Ground pepper powder for taste
- 1-2 tbsp canola/peanut oil for frying
- Measure out the main ingredients we will need for this shrimp almond ding recipe. Peel seafood and deveined.
- Blanch shrimps in a pot until color changed, remove and mix with rice wine, cornstarch and salt, set for 20 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and remaining sauce ingredients.
- Heat a wok or heavy-skillet to medium heat, add oil, when oil is hot, stir in red chili and peppercorns until fragrant.
- Combine together the marinated shrimp, stir constantly for about 60 minutes until mixed thoroughly.
- Add together the ginger, garlic and scallion, stir fast to make everything mixed. Pour sauce mixture into wok.
- Mix in roasted and unsalted almond, simmer at medium heat until the sauce is almost thicken.
- Season shrimp almond ding recipe with pepper powder, make a taste test before serving if desire. Enjoy with cooked rice.