In this Shanghai Bok Choy Chicken Stir Fry recipe, the preparation is simple and can be mastered with one try; you can vary the ingredients to find the wonderful combination of chicken to match your family tastes, or see How to Make Mongolian Chicken as a example.
- 1 big chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 4 large bok choy stalks with leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cornstarch, mix in
- 1 tbsp water
- Vegetable/peanut oil for frying
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch, optional
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp white rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/5 tsp salt
- Thaw meat to room temperature, run bok choy clean under running water for this stir fry chicken recipe.
- Separate vegetable stalks and leaves, set aside, chop garlic.
- Rinse chicken, cut into thin pieces, marinate with marinade for 20 minutes, and slice vegetable diagonally into pieces.
- Heat a wok to medium heat with 2 tbsp cooking oil, stir in garlic briefly until aromatic, and add chicken.
- Stir fry constantly until meat color turn white, combine bok choy stalks, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add leaves, and whisk around for 5 minutes.
- Mix in all sauce ingredients, simmer for 1 minute at medium-high heat, and thicken the sauce with cornstarch mixture.
- Remove chicken stir fry with bok choy recipe and serve hot with Chicken Fried Rice.