Sha cha chicken (also called sa cha chicken) recipe is a delicious food prepared with sha cha sauce which is a Chinese condiment primarily used in Cantonese cuisine and Fujian, it has a savory taste, uses as a seasoning for stir fry dishes, Sha Cha Beef is another great example.
- 14 oz. chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp sha cha sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine/dry sherry
- 3 slices ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 scallion, green part
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 1/4 cup warm water, or as needed
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetables oil for frying
- The meat we will need to make this sha cha recipe, use chicken breast instead if desired.
- Rinse chicken meat; remove any skin and bones, cut across the grain into bite-size pieces.
- Whisk together the meat pieces with rice wine, 2 slices ginger and dash of salt, marinate for 30 minutes.
- On the cutting board, beat garlic cloves into pieces, slice scallion diagonally into small rings. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or skillet to medium-high heat with oil, add chicken pieces, and stir fry until lightly brown.
- Add together the scallion, ginger, garlic and dash of salt and pepper; continue stir fry until well mixed.
- Measure out the sa cha sauce, add it to meat pieces, stir around completely. Drizzle down some water.
- Simmer at low heat for 3-5 minutes or until the meat is well coated with sauce and cooked through.
- Taste sha cha chicken recipe, adjust the seasonings if desired, remove and serve it hot with rice or noodles.