This salt and pepper shrimp is a Chinese homemade dish, as well as the recipe Salt and Pepper Tofu. The spics bring a strong and aromatic flavor into the food; even can be served as an appetizer before meal.
- 1 lb. medium shrimp
- 2 tbsp salt and pepper powder
- 5-8 slices ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 red chilies
- 2 tsp Chinese cooking wine/dry sherry
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- Rinse shrimp, deveined and cut off the head and tail, dry with kitchen towel.
- Pat garlic into pieces cut ginger into strip and chops red chilies.
- Add enough into a wok, heat to medium hot, deep-fry the shrimp.
- Cook in batches if desired. Remove and cool for a while outside.
- Deep-fry again for a crispy and brown texture, drain excess oil.
- Remove 1 tsp oil in the wok, stir in garlic, ginger and chili until aromatic.
- Add prawns back to wok; splash it with Chinese cooking wine.
- Stir in the salt and pepper powder, stir until completely mixed with food.
- Remove and make a taste test, serve hot with Chinese rice or noodles.