Sa Cha tofu (sha cha tofu) is a delicious homemade dish in Chinese food as well as the Sha Cha Chicken. The key condiment that brings the food a savory flavor is Sha Cha Sauce; for a clear definition, click the recipe link.
- 10 oz. firm tofu
- 1 tbsp sha cha sauce
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 scallions
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rinse and pat tofu dry with paper towel, slice into 1 1/2 inch cubes for sha cha tofu recipe.
- Heat fry pan to medium at medium-low heat with oil, add tofu and pan fry until brown, remove.
- Reheat the frying pan to medium at medium heat, add sliced scallion, and stir until fragrant.
- Combine together the bean curd pieces, place them flat in the pan and add sha cha sauce.
- Pour water, bring it into a boil at high heat, and simmer at medium heat until sauce is thickened.
- Season this sha cha tofu with salt, mix around and make a taste test before serving if desire.
Boil bean curd with water, so it can absorb the taste of the sauce very well.