Pork egg foo young also spelled egg fu yung, it is an omelette dish and the name comes from Cantonese language.
This dish is prepared with beaten egg, ground pork and vegetable, it could be made with various ingredients, see Shrimp Egg Foo Young and the Easy Steamed Egg Rolls.
- 3 1/2 oz. pork meat
- 8 stalks green onions
- 1 medium carrot
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 tsp salt
- Peanut oil for frying
- 1 package of chicken or beef gravy mix
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- Remove brown leaves of green onions, rinse and drained. Peel carrot.
- Chops green onions into pieces, and crush carrot into thin strips.
- Chop pork cross-wise pattern, mix with marinade ingredients for 20 minutes.
- While meat is marinating, lightly, beat the eggs with wire whisk until well mixed.
- Heat a wok to medium with 1 tbsp oil, add pork, and stir fry until color changed.
- Add together carrot, continue cook until tender, remove and set to cool.
- Mix stir-fried pork and carrot with egg mixture, stirring until completely mixed.
- Use a ladle to place the ingredients in the center of the wok. Cook until solid.
- Continue cook until you finish all stuffs, remove and serve the sauce on top.
Mix sauce ingredients with a wire whisk. Heat on medium high until bubbly, then reduce to warm and let thicken, stirring often.