Copycat PF Chang’s Sichuan asparagus recipe. It was not exactly the same, but I think it is pretty dam close and still delicious. For a more authentic Chinese recipe, try this Pf Changs Kung Pao Shrimp to learn more with photo instructions.
- 5 oz. asparagus, cut each spear into thirds
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp chili paste, or as needed
- 3 slices ginger, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 oz. Szechuan pickled veggies, optional
- Heat a wok or large skillet to medium high heat with olive oil, add onion, and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Combine together the asparagus, and continue stir fry constantly for about 1 minute.
- Add together the chopped garlic and ginger, stir around and sauté the ingredient for 1 minute.
- Mix in chili paste, oyster sauce, lightly, stir to mix everything and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add Szechuan picked veggies (if use) and sesame oil and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Season Szechuan asparagus recipe, taste and adjust the seasonings if desire. Serve hot!