Copycat Pf Changes stir fried eggplant is prepared with deep-fried eggplant dice, tossed in the wok with hot and sour sauce mixture, flavorful and delicious, just like the Chinese Eggplant Stir Fry recipe that with photo instructions, click to learn more.
- 1 pound eggplant
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tbsp cornstarch,
- 2 tbsp water
- Canola oil for deep-frying
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground bean sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Peel eggplant and cut into 1-inch dice for Pf Chang’s Chinese eggplant recipe.
- Mix sauces in a bowl, whisk well.
- Add canola oil in wok, heat at 350 degrees F, stir in eggplant for 1 minute.
- Remove and drain.
- Remove oil but reserve 1/2 in wok. reheat and stir in garlic until aromatic about 5 seconds. Combine sauces mixture, stir around over low heat for 20 seconds.
- Return stir fried eggplant back to wok, continue cook for 10 more seconds, then thicken sauce with cornstarch mixture until consistency.
- Make a taste test for stir fried eggplant Pf Changs recipe before serving. Transfer and enjoy hot.