A perfect stir fry spicy green beans recipe is just like PF Chang’s. It made wit long green bean, red chilies and garlic, a wonderful side dish to serve with steamed rice.
Feel free to add meat for an extra flavor if desired, or check Szechuan Green Beans with Bacon Stir Fry recipe for an example.
- 1 lb green beans
- 3 dried red chili pepper
- 2 green onions, white part
- 1 tbsp garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp szechuan hot chili flakes
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt and pepper powder for taste
- Trim green beans; break them into 1 1/2 inch long pieces with hands. Rinse and drained thoroughly.
- Slice green onions into strips to match beans, chop garlic. Heat wok to medium high heat with oil.
- When the oil is hot, stir in red chili pepper, garlic, and green onions, stir fry briefly until aromatic.
- Add together the green beans; stir fry constantly until color turn dark green and 60 percent cooked.
- Mix in soy sauce and other sauce ingredients into wok. Cover and cook at high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- After the green beans are cooked through, season the dish with salt and pepper, serve hot with rice.