A copycat recipe from PF Changs. PF Chang’s garlic is prepared with egg noodles, tossed with garlic and red chili pepper, stir fry in wok with oyster sauce, sugar and wine.
- 1 pound fresh Chinese noodle or vermicelli
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken base powder (no MSG)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Chinese shaohsing wine
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Parboil noodles withl 1/2 canola oil until tender not too soft.
- Rinse with cold water and cool down. Set aside.
- Add red chili flakes, sesame oil and cilantro to pasta, toss them together.
- Slice cucumber diagonally into 1/4″ thick slices. Cut into strips. Set aside.
- Heat wok hot, add oil. Stir in minced garlic briefly. Do not burn it or it will take on an acrid smell and taste. Add sugar and vinegar.
- Mix sauce until thick in a bowl.
- Return noodle back to wok, add sauce mixture, stirring until noodle is heated through.
- Transfer to plates and place cucumber around garlic noodles.
You could double the sauce to make it taste thick if you like.