Copycat Pf Chang’s crock-pot pepper steak is wonderful to cook the meat ahead in the slow cooker, especially for the one who needs to work.
You will have a very delicious food for the meal after work. You can also try this easy Chinese Pan Fry Beef Steak with Black Pepper Sauce recipe for busy weekends.
- 1 1/2 lb. beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips
- Garlic powder to taste
- 2 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cube or1 tsp beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 (7oz.) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut beef across the grain into 1 1/2 inch long and 1 inch wide cubes. Mix with garlic powder, set for 5 minute.
- Slice green, red bell peppers and onion into cubes. Dissolve bouillon in hot water and mix in cornstarch until dissolve.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil to hot and brown the seasoned beef cubes.
- Transfer stir fried meat to a crock pot. Give a quick re-stir to bouillon mixture; and pour into the slow cooker.
- Stir in onion, bell peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt. Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours if your schedule request. Remove and serve crock pot pepper steak with rice or noodles.