A copycat recipe from PF Changs. Pf chang’s crispy green beans is prepared with fresh long beans, well coated with egg, flour mixture, deep frying in oil to make it crispy outside. Served with ranch dressing mixture dipping sauces.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 fresh green beans
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- vegetable shortening for frying
- 1/2 cup bottled ranch dressing (Hidden Valley is best)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Blend sauces together, whisk well. Cover and refrigerate before using.
- Heat pot, pour in broth, add in beans and bring to boil for 15 minutes. Remove and cool in cold water.
- Crack eggs with milk and put flour in separate container, set aside.
- Mix garlic powder and salt in a bowl. set aside.
- Coat beans with flour, get rid of excess flour, then add into egg mixture. And well mixed with powder and salt. Let them set before using.
- Preheat skillet hot to 350 F with shortening that is enough to cover the beans.
- Slowly frying crispy green beans until golden brown about one and a halt minutes.
- Remove with slotted strainer and drain on paper towel before serving.
- Serve crispy green beans recipe hot with dipping sauce.