A copycat orange chicken recipe from Panda Express. This dish is tangy and delicious, made with marinated chicken breast and coated with flavorful sweet sauce. Give it a try, if you a fan of Spicy Chinese food, try Panda Express Kung Pao Chicken recipe to delight yourself.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cut chicken breast across the grain into bite-size strips for this Panda Express restaurant recipe.
- Heat the first five marinade ingredients in a pan over medium heat, stir in other ingredients, well mixed and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Marinate chicken with 1 cup of heated marinade sauces, cover tightly and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a big container, add marinated chicken and mix to well coated.
- Heat wok or large skillet hot, add olive oil over medium heat. Pan fry chicken until brown on both sides.
- Remove and drain the excess oil.
- Wipe out the wok; heat sauce mixture back to a boil again over medium-high heat. Thicken with the cornstarch and water if desired.
- Return Panda Express orange chicken back to wok, simmer over medium low heat for 2-3 minutes or until well coated with sauces. Serve hot!
Cooking doesn’t include marinating time.