Panda Express Kung Pao Chicken is a spicy Szechuan stir-fry dish. It is prepared with the essential crunchy peanuts, sliced zucchini, diced red bell peppers and meat. For a vegetarian, the meat can be changed to tofu, called Vegan Kung Pao Tofu.
- 1 lb chicken breast, 1/2-inch cubes
- 3-4 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolve wit
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 dried red chili
- 5 oz. zucchini
- 1 tbsp broad bean sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Peanut/canola oil for stir frying
- Stir fry chicken pieces in a wok with 2 tsp oil until color changed for this Panda Express recipe.
- Reheat wok to medium-high with 1 tsp oil, stir in garlic and red chilies until aromatic.
- Add zucchini dices, toss around. Mix in salt and broad bean sauce, whisk completely.
- Add chicken pieces back to wok when zucchini is tender and turn heat to medium.
- Stir in all sauce ingredients and roasted peanuts; stir until everything is well blended.
- Make a taste test for Panda Express Kung Pao chicken recipe before serving. Enjoy hot.