Hot and sour soup is a traditional Chinese soup, or called it Szechuan cuisine. prepared with tofu, button mushroom and egg boiled in vegetable stock.
- tablespoons canola oil
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 8 fresh button mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup canned bamboo shoots
- 1/4 pound barbecued pork
- 2 quarts vegetables Stock,
- 1 square firm tofu, sliced in 1/4-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Grate ginger, slice bamboo shoots and shred pork. Set aside.
- Mix sauces ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat wok hot over medium-high heat, add oil then stir in ginger and paste for 2 seconds, add mushroom, bamboo and pork, stir for 1-2 more minute.
- Pour sauce mixture in the wok, well tossed with everything.
- Combine vegetable stock, stir around and simmer for 8-10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add tofu and cook for 3 more minutes together. Thicken with cornstarch mixture until sauces are thicken.
- Turn heat off, pour in egg mixture slowly into the wok, stir in one direction until egg be cooked.
- Sprinkle green onions over the top for garnish.