Mushroom egg foo young also spelled egg foo yong. It is a simple and nutritional dish for breakfast in China, as well as the Strawberry Egg Rolls. If looking for a main dish served with white rice Pork Egg Foo Young recipe is great!
- 3 big eggs
- 4 dried Chinese mushrooms
- 1 1/2 oz. winter bamboo shoot
- 2 tbsp green onions, white part
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- Measure out the green onion, mushroom and bamboo shoot for this egg foo young recipe.
- Rinse green onions, remove any brown leaves, and slice diagonally into thin strips.
- Slice winter bamboo shoot into strips as well. Blanch in a saucepan for about 2 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain thoroughly, set aside to cool enough.
- Soak mushroom in warm water for 20-30 minutes until completely soft. Remove.
- Drain an excess water of mushrooms, and slice into thin strips to match other ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together the mushroom, blanched bamboo shoot and green onions.
- Crack eggs into the bowl; beating until well blended. Mix in salt, sesame oil and pepper.
- Heat a wok to hot at low heat, brush the wok overall with oil. Use a ladle to spoon the mixture.
- Swirling the wok, so that it coats half the wok, cook until solid and golden brown on both sides.
- Continue cook until you finish all stuff. Fold the cooked vegetable egg fooo young in half if desired.
- Remove and serve the recipe hot with the tomato sauce on top or serve as breakfast with milk.