Moo shu beef is a stir fry Chinese food of northeast Chinese origin, simplified meaning is to cook meat and vegetables together, most commonly made with pork, learn How to Make Chinese Moo Shu Pork recipe.
The same basic dish can be prepared by substituting another meat or seafood. This is a simple homemade style dish, so don’t limit your imagination.
- 10 oz. sliced beef
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 tsp rice vinegar
- 7 oz. wood ear mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/3 tsp five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- Clean beef, pat it dry and cut across the grain into 1 inch long slices. Crack eggs in a bowl and beat completely.
- Soak mushrooms in warm water until soften, and slice it with tomato, green onions, garlic into small pieces.
- Drizzle down few drops of rice vinegar into egg, stir well. Heat a wok to medium heat and scramble egg until cooked.
- Reheat wok to medium high heat with 2 tbsp canola oil, add beef, lay flat for 30 seconds, and stir to separate the pieces.
- Add the tomato and wood ears mushrooms, stir fry constantly for 2 minutes. Mix in five spice powder and soy sauce.
- Combine together the hoisin sauce, oyster sauce and cayenne pepper powder, stir fast to make the sauce is well mixed.
- Add together the green onions and garlic pieces, sprinkle ground ginger on the top, drizzle down few of water if desire.
- Simmer at medium-high heat for a while or until bee is cooked through and everything is completely blended.
- Season moo shu beef with salt, adjust the seasonings if desire. Remove and serve hot with rice or ramen noodles.
How to wrap the moo shu beef in warm tortillas:
Easily heat the tortillas by microwaving them for 10 seconds. Then, place some of the beef mixture in the center of the circle. Fold bottom edge over the filling and fold right and left sides to center. Enjoy!