Yangzhou fried rice or Yang Chow Fried Rice, a great and easy recipe from eastern China, the ingredients in it are vary according to local taste, in Chinese cooking it staple items are egg, ham and mixed vegetables (corn, carrot, and pea)
- 14 oz. leftover rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz. ham
- 2 oz. carrot
- 2 oz. peas
- 1 oz. cucumber
- 1-2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp green onions
- Olive oil for frying
- Measure out main ingredients before making this Yangzhou fried rice recipe.
- Boil peas in a saucepan with boiling water for 2-3 minutes until nearly cooked.
- Beat eggs with dash of salt and chop other vegetables and ham into tiny pieces to match peas.
- Scramble egg in a skillet with 2 tsp oil, and chop it with your spatula to small bits.
- Combine together ham and vegetables, stir around and dash in soy sauce and salt.
- Add the cold cooked rice to the pan, stirring to crumble out any lumps. Drizzle some oil if it calls for.
- Making sure the soy sauce gets evenly distributed in the rice, and turn light brown.
- Sprinkle green onions on top of Yangzhou fried rice, remove and serve hot!