Soft egg noodles was used in this vegetable chow mein recipe, if you don’t have, try substituting fettuccini or linguini, for a added taste, try garnishing the dish with chopped coriander, or see Panda Express Chow Mein for a different version.
- 8 oz. chow mein (soft noodles)
- 2 eggs
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 oz. carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tbsp ketchup (tomato paste)
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Dash salt for taste
- 1 tsp green onions
- Peanut oil for frying
- The main ingredients we will need to make this vegetable chow mein recipe.
- Measure out the soft noodles/packaged dried one and egg we will need.
- Rinse tomato and slice into 1/4 inch thick pieces or chop tiny. Set aside.
- Remove seed of green bell pepper and slice into strips with carrot and onion.
- Parboil noodle until tender, remove, drain and mix with salt and sesame oil.
- Beaten egg with green onion and fry until cooked. Separate to pieces, Remove.
- Heat wok to hot with oil, stir in vegetables, except tomato, fry until tender.
- Add tomatoes, stir around and mix in sauce ingredients. Whisk completely.
- Combine chow mein noodles into wok; stir until well coated with sauce. Serve.