How to make tofu box is a delicious recipe, not the wood boxes that to manufacture the bean curd. It is a kind of Hakka-style Stuffed Tofu, cost easy ingredients but ask for your concentration to focus, and worth of trying.
- 1 1/2 lb. firm tofu (3 blocks)
- 3 oz. ground pork
- 1 oz. pork ham
- 1/2 green chili
- 1/2 red chili
- 1 oz. bean sprouts, optional
- 10-15 stalks garlic chives
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/5 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolve with
- 2 tsp water
- Measure out the main ingredients we will need to make his tofu box recipe.
- Pat tofu dry with paper towel, and Cut into 1/2 inch thick, 2 inch long pieces.
- Slice peppers into half, remove seeds and slice diagonally into small pieces.
- Cut the ham into tiny cubes to match peppers, rinse bean sprouts and darin.
- Ground meat, mix with marinade ingredients and stir completely. Set aside.
- In a pot or sauté pan, heat oil to medium at medium-high heat. Add bean curd.
- Deep-fry in batches until golden brown and crispy. Remove and drain oil with paper towel.
- Heat garlic chives in boiling water until tender. Spoon enough meat in the middle of one tofu piece.
- Cover with another piece and then tight them up with blanched garlic chives. Repeat the process.
- Pour chicken broth into wok, add salt and bring into a boil. Combine ham and bean sprouts.
- Add together tofu box, turn heat to medium and simmer for 8 minutes until well coated with sauce.
- Mix in peppers, thicken sauce for tofu box recipe with cornstarch mixture, stir well and serve hot.