Taiwanese fried rice, a recipe consisting of egg, mushroom and char siu ingredients, it is a bit differ from this Asian Fried Rice, as it has no soy sauce added at end of cooking. If you are a really Chinese food fan, don’t miss the famous Young Chow Fried Rice recipe that uses the steamed white rice.
- 1 lb. leftover rice
- 5 oz. char siu/bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1 oz. mushroom, soften
- 2 oz. cabbage
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch pepper powder
- Olive oil for frying
- Run cabbage clean under running water, and sliced into strip for fried rice.
- Crack eggs in a mixing bowl; beat with dash of salt, set aside.
- Cut char siu across the grain into pieces, and chop mushrooms.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat with 1 tbsp oil, stir fry char siu until aromatic.
- When meat is light brown, add cabbage, stir fry until dark green.
- Add leftover rice, stirring to crumble any lumps and well mixed with ingredients.
- Make a pit in the middle of the rice mixture. Place the beaten eggs and allow t cook until they are firm.
- Mix in salt and pepper, remove fried rice and serve hot.