Szechuan chicken stir fry recipe, a restaurant Chinese food in Chengdu, the capital of Szechuan province. It is very spicy and numbing, hared acceptable for fresh learner.
You might like try the light taste of Spicy Szechuan Chicken Stir Fry recipe, which uses the sweet bell peppers instead of red chilies.
- 10 oz. chicken thighs
- 2 oz. peanuts, roasted
- 1 oz. scallion
- 2 tsp Chinese rice wine/dry sherry
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp broad bean sauce (Szechuan style)
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Asian light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp red chilies
- 1 tsp Szechuan peppercorns
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Rinse chicken thighs, pat dry and remove the bones for Szechuan chicken stir fry recipe.
- Cut the meat into bite-size pieces, mix with marinade ingredients and set for 1 hour.
- Rinse scallion, drain well and cut into 1/2 inch thick rings. Roast peanut in oven until done.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together the sauce ingredients, whisk around completely.
- Rinse red dried chilies and Szechuan peppercorns, cut chilies into half and set them aside.
- Add oil into preheat wok at medium heat, add chicken pieces and stir fry until color changed.
- Stir in red chilies and peppercorns, stir around and mix in sauce ingredients mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until sauce is thicken and meat was cooked through.
- Garnish Szechuan chicken stir fry recipe with scallion and peanuts at the end, toss around, serve hot.