Subgum lo mein is a type of Chinese tossed noodles dish which one or more meats or seafood are mixed with vegetables, and it originates from Cantonese cuisine, see how to make shrimp lo mein for a seafood subgum mein recipe.
- 3-4 oz. lo mein (soft egg noodle)
- 2 oz. pork, cut into strips
- 1 big egg
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 oz. red cabbage
- 1 oz. cabbage
- 1 oz. carrot
- 1 tsp Chinese rice wine/dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sesame paste
- Peanut/canola oil for frying
- Fry egg in a wok with dash of oil until done, set aside for subgum lo mein recipe.
- Reheat wok with oil, stir in ginger and garlic briefly. Add meat, cook until color change.
- Splash meat with rice wine, mix in sugar, salt and sesame paste, well mix, remove.
- In a wok or pot, parboil noodles until tender, remove and mix with sesame oil.
- Rinse all vegetables, drain thoroughly and slice diagonally into thin strips.
- Heat wok to medium-high heat with oil, add veggies and stir fry until tender.
- Season veggies with salt, remove and transfer into a serving plate.
- Combine together the parboiled noodles and meat on the top.
- Serve subgum lo mein recipe with egg, toss around when enjoy.